This kit consists of three modules, each containing a PowerPoint presentation and a set of facilitator notes. The notes expand on the content of the slides and provide guidance in facilitating the module, which combines presentation and small-group work.
The topics of the modules are
- Approaching a Writing Project
- Ethical and Other Issues in Research Writing
- Writing in English as a Foreign Language
The kit is primarily for those who will facilitate workshops, courses, or sessions at least in part on this subject. However, it also can be used as self-study material, for example by researchers without access to such workshops, courses, or sessions. Information that supplements the slide content appears in the latter part of the facilitator notes and in the notes section under each slide.
Facilitators should feel free either to follow closely the guidance that is provided or to adapt the module. We would be interested in hearing how facilitators and others are using these kits, and we would appreciate comments and suggestions. Facilitation kits on other topics appear in the AuthorAID Resource Library, and additional facilitator kits are being prepared.
We hope that you will find this facilitation kit useful. Wishing you all the best!
Barbara Gastel, INASP Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download resource files
- 01_Approaching a Writing Project.pptx 229 kB
- 01_Approaching a Writing Project_Facilitator Notes.docx 97 kB
- 02_Ethical and Other Issues in Research Writing.pptx 201 kB
- 02_Ethical and Other Issues in Research Writing_Facilitator Notes.docx 101 kB
- 03_Writing in English as a Foreign Language.pptx 188 kB
- 03_Writing in English as a Foreign Language_Facilitator Notes.docx 101 kB