In the current climate where face-to-face meetings and training activities are cancelled worldwide, we are aware that many people will be looking for alternative ways to stay connected and develop their skills in the research and knowledge ecosystem. We have therefore put together this list of online activities over coming weeks that we have spotted, as well as opportunities through INASP.
Online opportunities through INASP
- AuthorAID Research Writing in the Social Sciences online course (2020) - 7-week course, 6 April to 25 May 2020. More information and registration here.
- AuthorAID mentoring - ongoing support to help early-career researchers in presenting your research findings and navigating the journal publishing process. If you are a more experienced researcher, do consider becoming a mentor. More information here.
- Look for collaborators worldwide. If you can't get into your office or lab at the moment then maybe now is time to start thinking about your next research project. Connect with other researchers via our forums and online messaging system. More information here.
- Take part in a journal club. There are spaces in some of the AuthorAID journal clubs - or you could start your own. More information here.
Online opportunities from other organisations
Please note that these events are not run by INASP and are shared here for information only; responsibility for the quality and relevance of the content is with the organisers. Some events have a cost; we have tried to share that information where available but please check any information with the organisers directly.
- Effective Integration Of Online Education In African Universities - 30 March, organised by African Association of Universities. More information here.
- OER20 - 1-2 April, the annual ALT conference, free, with themes of: Openness in the age of surveillance; Sustainable open education communities; Open education for civic engagement and democracy; Criticality and care in open education; and Caring pedagogies and designing for diverse communities of inclusion. More information here.
- Transitioning To Online Teaching: Things to Avoid - 2 April, free webinar organised by Training Centre in Communication and Knowledge E. More information here.
- OpEx Africa Online:The Spirit of Collective Action - 1-5 June, $100, organised by humentum. More information here.
Do follow the INASP Twitter feed at @INASPinfo as we will share any interesting-looking online activities when we see them and please share any online activities that you think might be useful for supporting research when it is more difficult to meet face-to-face.