- Palabras clave de la investigación:
- Medical sciences; Rehabilitation Medicine; Disability; Physiatry; Spinal cord injury; pain management; stroke; cerebral palsy; Bioethics; Publication ethics
- Intereses de colaboración:
- Interested to work with physicians in conducting collaborative research and writing in medical sciences ( specifically disability management and rehabilitation ). I do not review thesis or dissertations. I cannot help with areas outside my subject.
- I am working as a consultant and Head of Department at the Rehabilitation Medicine Department, PNS Shifa hospital, Karachi, Pakistan. I am also a faculty member of Bahria University Medical and Dental College, Karachi as an Assistant Professor. I graduated from Army Medical College, Rawalpindi in 2001 with honors in Biochemistry and Pharmacology. After completing my residency training at the Armed Forces Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine, I qualified diploma in Medical Rehabilitation in 2007 and cleared exit fellowship exam of the College of Physician and Surgeons of Pakistan in the discipline of Rehabilitation Medicine in 2009. I completed my Master of Science in Pain medicine from Riphah University in 2016. I am an active researcher with 136 national and international publications including four book chapters and 34 original research articles. I has been an invited and plenary speaker in national and international conferences and also chaired and co-chaired the scientific sessions. I was awarded Ibn-e – Sina Silver medal in recognition of the outstanding original research work presented at the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Islamabad Annual symposium 2007. I won the ISPRM young Investigators award 2009 (Istanbul, Turkey), Travel grants of 4000 USD from Emerging Nations Science Foundation (Italy), Young Physician’s Scholarship for the 7th World Stroke Congress ( Seoul, Korea), Research productivity Award 2010,2011 and 2012 ( Pakistan Council for Science) , AuthorAID mentor of the year 2014 award and Gold medal for best oral presentation at the 2nd International CCME conference, UHS, Lahore. I am passionate about teaching research writing and have conducted 90 workshops on different aspects of medical writing, scientific misconduct and presentation skills in 5 countries since March 2014. I also serve as a peer reviewer for more than 30 national and international medical journals. I am the National Representative for International Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, International Rehabilitation Forum (USA) and Asian Spinal Cord Network (ASCoN); executive board member of the International Rehabilitation Forum, Asia-Oceanian Society of PMR and Pakistan Society of Neuro-Rehabilitation. He was elected as the first and only active individual member of the ISPRM Assembly of Delegates from Pakistan in Aug 2010 and at present the only Pakistani member of ISPRM Disaster Relief and Rehabilitation Committee. My areas of interest and research are spinal cord injuries, stroke rehabilitation, amputee management, disaster rehabilitation, Medical Education and Bioethics.
- Sitio de perfil profesional:
- Currículum vitae:
- Descargar currículum vitae (327,0 KB)
Para ver otros datos de contacto es necesario tener una tarea activa con esta persona
Los enlaces anteriores se abrirán en una nueva ventana de tu navegador. Una vez que hayas ingresado a tu cuenta, podrás regresar a esta ventana y volver a cargarla para ver el formulario de contacto.