- Ciencias de la vida, Agricultura
- Palabras clave de la investigación:
- Food microbiology, Food safety and quality, Predictive microbiology, Metagenomics , Metabolomics
- Intereses de colaboración:
- Food microbiology, Food safety and quality, Predictive microbiology, Science communication, Advancement of science and technology
- Dr Olumide is a research scientist with more than a decade of research experience. He is has a well-developed qualitative, quantitative, critical, analytical and statistical skills with strong capacity to design and conduct independent research in basic and applied microbiology. His areas of expertise include food microbiology, microbial food safety and quality, predictive microbiology, aquaculture microbiology, metagenomics, metabolomics and microbial ecology. He had background in microbiology from Nigeria, UK and further completed dual master degrees in aquatic microbiology and global public health in Malaysia and United States. He is an active member of Australia Society for Microbiology, fellow of Institute of Science and Technology, United Kingdom. He is also a fellow of African Scientific Institute (ASI), United States. Active member of Association of African Agricultural Professionals in the Diaspora (AAAPD), Society for the Advancement of Science in Africa (SASA) and Institute of Fisheries Management, United Kingdom. He obtained his doctorate (PhD) degree at University of Tasmania, Australia. Olumide is a recipient of various competitive international scholarships and awards among which are: University of Tasmania Graduate Research Travel Grant (2017), Australian Society for Microbiology conference bursary (2017), BOTES Travel Grant (2017), semi-finalist 3 minutes thesis competition (2017), student ambassador, University of Tasmania (2016), nominated for Study Tasmania Award for contribution to international education in Tasmania (2016), IMAS Research and Travel grant (2017), Vice Chancellor Leadership Award (2016), FSOA young ambassador (2016), semi-finalist, data science fellowship, United States of America (2016), student ambassador, University of Tasmania (2015), Graduate Student Bursaries Award, University of Tasmania (2015), Travel Bursary Graduate Research Conference, University of Tasmania (2015), Vice Chancellor Leadership Award (2015), Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship (2014), University of Tasmania Tuition Fee Scholarship (2014), poster presentation, by Malaysian Society for Microbiology National Seminar (2014), National University of Malaysia PhD fellowship (2014) and Malaysia International PhD Scholarship (2014). Olumide has initiated various scientific and research national and international projects. Among which are research scientist in schools program. A program aimed to encourage scientific and critical thinking in students, sensitize roles of researchers and scientists in the society and national development, design, train and lead research oriented activities for schools, shape student career aspirations and inspire young minds to broaden their career pathways. As an experienced research microbiologist, he has published more than 35 scientific papers in international journals. He has also presented papers in various international conferences. He is a reviewer for prestigious journals such was journal of fish diseases, Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials, Biomedical and Environmental Sciences and Cogent Food & Agriculture Journal. 1. Odeyemi OA, C Burke, C Bolch, R Stanley (2018). Spoilage microbial community profiling by 16S rRNA amplicon sequencing of modified atmosphere packaged live mussels stored at 4oC. . Food Research International (ISI impact factor: 3.6) Q1 journal (ISI impact factor: 3.5) Q1 journal https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0963996918309645 2. Odeyemi OA, C Burke, C Bolch, R Stanley (2018). Seafood spoilage microbiota and associated volatile organic compounds at different storage temperatures and packaging conditions. International Journal of Food Microbiology Volume 280, Pages 87-99 (ISI impact factor: 4) Q1 journal https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168160517305603 3. Odeyemi OA, C Burke, C Bolch, R Stanley (2018). Evaluation of spoilage potential and volatile metabolites production by Shewanella baltica isolated from modified atmosphere packaged live mussels. Food Research International (ISI impact factor: 3.6) Q1 journal https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0963996917307536 4. Odeyemi OA and Asmat Ahmad (2017). Population dynamics, antibiotics resistance and biofilm formation of Aeromonas and Vibrio species isolated from aquatic sources in Northern Malaysia. Microbial Pathogenesis 103: 178–185 (ISI impact factor: 2.5). Q1 journal https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0882401016305873 5. Odeyemi OA and Ahmad A (2017). Antibiotics resistant and phenotypic typing of Aeromonas species isolated from aquatic sources. Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences 24(1): 65–70 (ISI impact factor: 2.8) Q1 journal https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1319562X15002119 6. Odeyemi OA (2017). Microtiter plate assay methods of classification of bacterial biofilm formation. Food Control, 73 (2017) 245 - 246 1-2 (ISI impact factor: 4.2) Q1 journal. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0956713516304911?via%3Dihub 7. Stratev, D., Odeyemi, O.A., Pavlov, A., Kyuchukova, R., Fatehi, F., & Bamidele, F.A. (2017). Food safety knowledge and hygiene practices among veterinary medicine students at Trakia University, Bulgaria. Journal of Infection and Public Health, 10(6), 778-782. (ISI impact factor: 2.5) Q1 journal https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1876034117300126 8. Odeyemi OA (2016). Public health implications of microbial food safety and foodborne diseases in developing countries. Food & Nutrition Research 60: 29819 (ISI impact factor: 3.226) Q1 journal https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5103665/ 9. Odeyemi OA, Norrakiah AS (2016). The prevention of Cronobacter infections in hospital neonatal intensive care units. Journal of Infection and Public Health. 9(1): 110–112 (ISI impact factor: 2.5) Q1 journal. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26235961 10. Deyan Stratev and Odeyemi OA (2016). Antimicrobial resistance of Aeromonas hydrophila isolated from different food sources: A mini-review. Journal of Infection and Public Health 9, 535—544 (ISI impact factor: 2.5) Q1 journal. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26588876 11. Deyan Stratev and Odeyemi OA (2016). An overview of motile Aeromonas septicaemia management. Aquaculture International. pp 1–11(ISI impact factor: 1.09) Q2 journal. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10499-016-0100-3 12. Odeyemi OA (2016). Incidence and prevalence of Vibrio parahaemolyticus in seafood: a systematic review and meta-analysis. SpringerPlus. 5 (1-17), (ISI impact factor: 0.98) Q3 journal. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27119068 13. Odeyemi OA, Deyan Stratev (2016). Occurrence of antimicrobial resistant or pathogenic Vibrio parahaemolyticus in seafood: A mini review. Veterinary Medicine Review: 167, 3-4, 93-98 13. Odeyemi OA (2015). Bacteriological safety of packaged drinking water sold in Nigeria: Public health implications. SpringerPlus 14. Odeyemi OA, Ahmad A (2014) Anti-biogram and resistogram profiling of Aeromonas species isolated from Malaysian coastal seawater. Pollution Research 33:487-492. 15. Olukayode AO, Odeyemi OA, David BA, Aina OC, Sanyaolu AAA (2014) Fermented ginger peel (Zingiber officinale) utilization and effects on tissue biochemistry of African catfish (Clarias gariepinus). International Journal of Research in Fisheries and Aquaculture 4 1-7 16. Olukayode AO, Odeyemi OA, David B, Aina OC, Sanyaolu AAA (2013) growth performance, genotoxicity and histopathology of the tissues of African catfish (Clarias gariepinus) fed fermented ginger peel meal. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies 1:15-19 16. Odeyemi OA (2013a) Exploring potentials of marine microbiology and biotechnology in developing countries. International Journal of Scientific Research and Publication 3:1-7 17. Odeyemi OA (2013b) The inclusion of biotechnology as an option in science laboratory technology training programs in Nigeria. The Journal: P 13 – 14 18. Odeyemi OA (2013c) Management and conservation of marine microbial resources for sustainability of marine microbiology and biotechnology. The Journal: P57-59 19. Odeyemi OA (2013d) Perception of foreign students on food safety and hygiene practices among food handlers in Malaysian restaurants: Public health perspective. International Journal of Public Health Research 3:214-222 20. Odeyemi OA (2013e) Seafood bacterial pathogens and sustainability of aquaculture. Asian Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences 15:833-837 21. Odeyemi OA (2013f) Virulence factors and biofilm formation in Aeromonas and Vibrio species from coastal sources. Ecology, Environment and Conservation 19:1271-1278 22. Odeyemi OA, Ahmad A, Usup G (2012a) In-vitro antimicrobial activity of Aeromonas spp isolated from estuary using different screening protocols. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research 3:428-433 23. Odeyemi OA, Asmat A, Usup G (2012b) Antibiotics resistance and putative virulence factors of Aeromonas hydrophila isolated from estuary. Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Food Sciences 1:1339-1357 24. Odeyemi OA (2012) Students' research and scientific communication in developing countries. International Journal of Students’ Research 2:52 25. Oyetunji I. Ajoke, Ikenna Osemeka Okeke, Odeyemi OA, Okwori AEJ (2012) Prevalence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus from healthy community individuals’ volunteers in JOS South, NIGERIA. Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Food Sciences 1:1389-1405 26. Odeyemi OA (2011) Harnessing potentials of medical biotechnology in delivery of quality health service in Nigeria. International Journal of Students’ Research 1:105 27. Odeyemi OA, Oluwajoba SO (2011) Synergistic effect of menthol on in-vitro antibacterial activity of Garcinia kola against gram positive bacteria: A preliminary study. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science 1:98-100 28. Malomo O, Ogunmoyela OAB, Oluwajoba SO, Dudu OE, Odeyemi OA (2012) Microbiological and nutritional quality of warankashi enriched bread. Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Food Sciences 2:42-68.
Para ver otros datos de contacto es necesario tener una tarea activa con esta persona
Los enlaces anteriores se abrirán en una nueva ventana de tu navegador. Una vez que hayas ingresado a tu cuenta, podrás regresar a esta ventana y volver a cargarla para ver el formulario de contacto.