- Ciencias de la vida, Ciencias médicas básicas, Sociología, Medicina, Asistencia social, Asistencia sanitaria
- Palabras clave de la investigación:
- translational research, snake bite, dengue, policy analysis, self-medication, journals editor, journal reviewer, research communication, health advocacy, e-health, m health
- Intereses de colaboración:
- Community-based Health Promotion, Medical Sciences, Health Sciences, Public Health, Nursing Care, Social Sciences, Translational Research, Cardiovascular Health, Snakebite, Dengue etc
- Dr. Surya B. Parajuli, Professor [Assistant] of Community Medicine at Kathmandu University serving at a university extended medical college Birat Medical College & Teaching Hospital. He is also Chief of Department of Community Research and Development Program, Editor of Birat Journal of Health Sciences (BJHS) and Member Secretary of Institutional Review Committee of the same institute. Since 2018 he has started as Fellow in Translational Research Capacity Building to address Cardiovascular Diseases in Nepal supported by US National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI). He has completed a Doctor of Medicine (MD) in Community Medicine & Tropical Diseases from the B. P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS), Nepal. He did his MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) from Kathmandu University, Nepal, and Master of Arts in Humanities and Social Sciences (Rural Development) from Tribhuvan University, Nepal. He has founded and has been leading the Nepal Medical Volunteer Society in eastern Nepal since 2011. He has been continuously involved in Health research advocacy, eHealth initiative, a mentorship program for young students, policy advocacy, developing and setting up innovative community-based health endeavors in rural Nepal. He has been producing and presenting his popular radio health program “Doctor Saathi’ as eHealth initiative since 2011 which has almost 0.1 million listeners and already completed 307 episodes. He was a site investigator at a national level “A randomized, double-blind, clinical trial of two dose regimens of VINS polyvalent anti-venom ATC J06AA03 for the treatment of Snakebites with neurotoxin envenoming in Nepal (n 08-192)” at B. P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Nepal in collaboration with Geneva University Hospital, Switzerland. Since 2015 he has been leading an innovative healthcare project, Budhiganga Health Survey (BHS) covering almost 50000 population of 10000 households at Budhiganga Rural Municipality of Morang district of Nepal in coordination with local government, research organizations, CBOs, and academia. He is also involved in other healthcare projects. He has a responsibility as editor of many biomedical journals including Birat Journal of Health Sciences, Purbanchal University Health Journal, International Journal of Perceptions in Public Health, Journal of Medical Research and Innovation, Bibechana: A Multidisciplinary Journal. He has a significant number of scientific publications and general health articles as a health columnist in leading newspapers of Nepal. Since 1 Jan 2019, he started contributing as lead facilitator in different modular training on ethics, research, publication, grant proposal writing, leadership & management in health. You can communicate with him through the "contact/email me" form of his website www.suryaparajuli.com.np or his direct email email@example.com.
- Sitio de perfil profesional:
- Currículum vitae:
- Descargar currículum vitae (199,3 KB)
Para ver otros datos de contacto es necesario tener una tarea activa con esta persona
Los enlaces anteriores se abrirán en una nueva ventana de tu navegador. Una vez que hayas ingresado a tu cuenta, podrás regresar a esta ventana y volver a cargarla para ver el formulario de contacto.