This kit consists of three modules, each containing a PowerPoint presentation and a set of facilitator notes. The notes expand on the content of the slides and provide guidance in facilitating the module, which combines presentation and small-group work.
The topics of the modules are
- Deciding When and Where to Submit a Paper
- Defining the Focus and Contribution of Your Paper
- Using Journals' Instructions to Authors
The kit is primarily for those who will facilitate workshops, courses, or sessions at least in part on this subject. However, it also can be used as self-study material, for example by researchers without access to such workshops, courses, or sessions. Information that supplements the slide content appears in the latter part of the facilitator notes and in the notes section under each slide.
Facilitators should feel free either to follow closely the guidance that is provided or to adapt the module. We would be interested in hearing how facilitators and others are using these kits, and we would appreciate comments and suggestions. Facilitation kits on other topics appear in the AuthorAID Resource Library, and additional facilitator kits are being prepared.
We hope that you will find this facilitation kit useful. Wishing you all the best!
Barbara Gastel, INASP Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download resource files
- 04_Deciding When and Where to Submit a Paper.pptx 194 kB
- 04_Deciding When and Where to Submit a Paper_Facilitator Notes.docx 102 kB
- 05_Defining the Focus and Contribution of Your Paper.docx 95 kB
- 05_Defining the Focus and Contribution of Your Paper.pptx 157 kB
- 06_Using Journals' Instructions to Authors.docx 98 kB
- 06_Using Journals' Instructions to Authors.pptx 197 kB