Greetings! Welcome to the AuthorAID @ INASP blog, established to assist researchers in developing countries to publish and otherwise communicate their work.
As you may know, AuthorAID @ INASP is a new project of the International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications. It has 3 main components:
- mentoring by highly published scientists and professional editors
- workshops on scientific writing and related subjects
- online content on scientific communication, largely through this blog
As your blogger, let me introduce myself. My name is Barbara Gastel. My background is in medicine, and I teach scientific writing at Texas A&M University, in the United States. I also work internationally to help researchers to write about their work.
For more information about me, please see the What is AuthorAID? section of this Web site. Feel free to ask questions about us by using the Comments feature on this site.
Speaking of which: We want to hear from you, so we can serve you best. So, using the Comments feature, please send us your comments, suggestions, and questions. Our current plan is for this blog to focus largely on the following topics:
- how to write scientific papers
- how to publish academic papers in journals
- how to write about science effectively in English
Would information on these topics help you? Are there other topics you’d like me to write about? What other thoughts do you have in this regard? I look forward to hearing from you and to writing to you often.
Barbara Gastel, MD, MPH
Knowledge Community Editor
AuthorAID @ INASP