INASP announces the 12 recipients of the AuthorAID workshop and travel grants. A total of six workshop grant recipients will receive an award of up to US$ $2500 to conduct workshops. The other six travel grant recipients will receive an award of up to US$ $1500 each to attend conferences. These successful travel grant recipients are travelling to France, Morocco, the United Kingdom, Portugal and the United States to attend conferences.
AuthorAID workshop grant recipients are:
- Kevin Omar Sagastume Espinoza, Lecturer and director of Zoology Laboratory, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Honduras, Honduras. Workshop: Communicating research to other academics, policymakers, and the general public.
- MAKOUNAZI EKOMONO Chrissy Garel, Responsable de l'animation de l'équipe de reccherche Amélioration Génétique, Centre de Recherche sur la Durabilité et la Productivité des Plantations Industrielles, Congo Brazzaville. Workshop: Writing proposals for research grants.
- Suad M. Sulaiman, Member of Executive Committee, Sudanese National Academy of Sciences, Sudan. Workshop: How to write and publish a research paper.
- GABA Olayèmi Ursula Charlène, Lecturer and Assistant researcher, University of Abomey-Calavi, West African Science Service Center on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL), Benin. Workshop: How to write and publish a research paper.
- Prakash Mani Sharma, Executive Chair, Forum for Protection of Public Interest (Pro Public), Nepal. Workshop: Communicating research to policymakers.
- Haimanot Bichil, Gender Affairs Directorate Director, Debre Berhan University, Ethiopia. Workshop: How to write and publish a research paper.
The travel grant recipients are:
- Salifou Bachir, PhD student, Institute of Research for Development (IRD), Niger. Conference attending: The 43rd IAH Congress in Montpellier, France. Presenting research on ‘Global change and groundwater resources increase in the Iullemmeden basin (SW Niger)’.
- Alcade Christel Segnon, PhD Candidate, Institute for Environment and Sanitation Studies, University of Ghana, Benin/Ghana. Conference attending: The Third African Congress for Conservation Biology in El Jadida, Morocco. Presenting research on ‘The diversity and utilization of wild edible plants and their potentials for addressing food security in two contrasting (sub-humid vs. semi-arid) areas in Benin’.
- Mulubirhan Assefa Alemayohu, Academic Researcher/Lecturer, Mekelle University, Ethiopia. Conference attending: The 7th African Nutrition Epidemiology Conference in Marrakesh, Morocco. Presenting research on ‘Factors associated with breast feeding practice among pastoralist mothers in Eastern Ethiopia’.
- Hannah Benedicta Taylor-Abdulai, Senior Lecturer, Accra Polytechnic, Ghana. Conference attending: The International World Congress on Tuberculosis and Lung Disease in Liverpool, United Kingdom. Presenting research on ‘Gender differences in disclosure among TB/HIV patients reporting in some health facilities in the Greater Accra region of Ghana’.
- Aleia Júlio Reis Rachide Agy, Research assistant, Observatório Do Meio Rural, Mozambique. Conference attending: The 7th annual conference for the International Initiative for the Promotion of Political Economy (IIPPE) in Lisbon, Portugal. Presenting research on ‘Relations of power between men and women in southern Mozambique’.
- Muhammad Tayyib Naseem, PhD Research scholar, National Institute for Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering, Faisalabad, Pakistan. Conference attending: 9th Meeting of the International Aphid Genomics Consortium in Orlando, Florida, United States. Presenting research on ‘Aphids from various plant hosts in north-central Pakistan’.
Congratulations to all our workshop and travel grant recipients.