Are you a senior researcher or editor who can provide mentoring support to up-and-coming researchers?
- Would you like to volunteer for a cause that's related to higher education or research?
- Are you keen to share your knowledge of research writing and scholarly publishing?
- Do you enjoy coaching or mentoring?
We are always looking for mentors in all subject areas to provide support for mentees in developing countries, but this month we would particularly like to focus on recruiting mentors with an expertise in the Social Sciences.
What skills do mentors need?
We need mentors who can provide help with some or all of the following:
- Using appropriate research methods and performing data analysis
- Choosing appropriate journals for submitting manuscripts
- Preparing manuscripts
- Refining writing style
- Understanding the peer review process and responding to reviewers' comments
- Preparing presentations and posters
- Preparing grant proposals
- Otherwise communicating about research