AuthorAID provide travel and workshop grants twice a year. The travel grants are for early-career researchers to travel to international conferences to present their research and the workshop grants are for experienced researchers or administrators to organise a workshop on a topic related to research communication.
Workshop and travel grants
We are very pleased to announce the first call for AuthorAID travel and workshop grant applications in 2017. We will be awarding the following grants after a competitive selection process:
- 5 AuthorAID travel grants (USD 1500 each) for early-career researchers to present their research at an international conference. The deadline for applying for a travel grant is 29th of January 2017, 10 PM GMT.
- 5 AuthorAID workshop grants (USD 2500 each) for experienced researchers or administrators to organise a workshop on a topic related to research communication. The deadline for applying for a workshop grant is 5th of February 2017, 10PM GMT.
You can find more information about the call for AuthorAID travel and workshop grant applications here.
We will be announcing a call for gender grants shortly. Please sign up for alerts on our news page so we can keep you up-to-date.
Other sources of funding
Recommended websites for other sources of research funding, including travel, workshop and fellowship grants:
- Euraxess UK Funding Search
- Euraxess Researchers in Motion (EU)
- FundsforNGOs - Latest Funds
- Open Society Foundations - Grants, Scholarships and Fellowships
- The Institute of International Education Scholar Rescue Fund
- TWAS Fellowships
- TWAS Grants for Scientific Meetings held in Developing Countries
- Royal Society of Chemistry Travel Grants
- Terra Viva Grants Directory
- British Council Current Opportunities
- British Council Travel Grants
- Newton's List - Latest Funding Opprtunities
- Science (AAAS) - Where to Search for Funding.
- Rachel Strohm's blog - Professional development opportunities for African academics
- The Canadian international development research center
- International Foundation for Science (IFS)
- Partnerships for Enhanced Engagement in Research (PEER)
- TDR at the World Health Organization (WHO)
- USDA NIFA grants
- West African Research Association
- UCDAVIS Horticulture Innovation Lab
- The Rockefeller Foundation
- Canon Collins Scholarship for Masters Study in the UK
- Canon Collins - 'Trusts and organisations offering scholarships to international students'
Do you know of any other funding sources we might have missed? Get in touch and let us know