AuthorAID provide travel and workshop grants twice a year. The travel grants are for early-career researchers to travel to international conferences to present their research and the workshop grants are for experienced researchers or administrators to organise a workshop on a topic related to research communication.
Workshop and travel grants
Future calls for AuthorAID travel and workshop grants will be announced here on the website. Please sign up for alerts on our news page so we can keep you up-to-date.
Future calls for AuthorAID gender grants will be announced here on the website. Please sign up for alerts on our news page so we can keep you up-to-date.
Other sources of funding
Recommended websites for other sources of research funding, including travel, workshop and fellowship grants:
- Swiss-African Research Cooperation - Funding Database
- The Africa Desk - Funding Resources
- Euraxess UK Funding Search
- Euraxess Researchers in Motion (EU)
- FundsforNGOs - Latest Funds
- Open Society Foundations - Grants, Scholarships and Fellowships
- The Institute of International Education Scholar Rescue Fund
- TWAS Fellowships
- TWAS Grants for Scientific Meetings held in Developing Countries
- Royal Society of Chemistry Travel Grants
- Terra Viva Grants Directory
- British Council Current Opportunities
- British Council Travel Grants
- Newton's List - Latest Funding Opprtunities
- Science (AAAS) - Where to Search for Funding.
- Rachel Strohm's blog - Professional development opportunities for African academics
- The Canadian international development research center
- International Foundation for Science (IFS)
- Partnerships for Enhanced Engagement in Research (PEER)
- TDR at the World Health Organization (WHO)
- USDA NIFA grants
- West African Research Association
- UCDAVIS Horticulture Innovation Lab
- The Rockefeller Foundation
- Canon Collins Scholarship for Masters Study in the UK
- Canon Collins - 'Trusts and organisations offering scholarships to international students'
Do you know of any other funding sources we might have missed? Get in touch and let us know